2019 GALLON HYBRID AND GOURMET B.S.T.’S
- BIG BEEF VFFNTASt: Indeterminate – 73 days. Smooth fruits to 1lb with rich, old-fashioned flavor, excellent yields, and great disease resistance.
- BIG RAINBOW: Indeterminate – 80 days. Extra large, beautiful, red and orange variety with mild, delicious, low-acid flavor – just ask Jo. Up to 2 lbs.
- BUSH GOLIATH VFN: Determinate – 68 days. Delicious, perfectly round 4 in. fruits on compact, high-yielding plants, great for patios. Up to 1 lb.
- PARKS BEEFY BOY VFFTSt: Indeterminate-70 Days. Giant Beefsteak type fruits, exceptional taste. Easy to grow 12-16oz fruits.
- PARKS WHOPPER IMPROVED VFFN: Indeterminate- 65 Days. Large 4 inch red fruits with more disease and crack resistance than original whopper.
- SUNSUGAR TMV: Indeterminate – 62 days. High yielding, 1 in. cherry-type fruits, ripen to deep orange – super-sweet and delicious! I eat them like candy!
- SWEET MILLIONS: Indeterminate – 60 days. Small cherry type with excellent flavor and huge yields of super sweet, dark red fruits. One of the best available!
- CHOCOLATE CHERRY: Indeterminate – 70 days. Extremely flavorful, in bunches of 8 and 1 inch fruits. great variety for a container with a cage.
- BETTER BUSH VFN: Determinate-68 Days. Strong plants with very little need for staking. 4 Inch mouthwatering, sweet and meaty. Great for containers.
- BLACK FROM TULA: Indeterminate 80 Days. Russian Heirloom largest of the black tomatoes
- BLACK SEA MAN: Determinate- 75 days. A hardy Russian 8 oz Heirloom with a rich tangy flavor and a slightly odd shape.
- CUORE DE TORO: Indeterminate-89 Days. A HUGE Italian Heirloom Oxheart type with a wonderful sweet taste.
- SAUSAGE: Indeterminate-75 Days. Great paste tomato up to six inches long good for paste.
- FANTASTIC VFA: Indeterminate-65 Days. More Beefsteak flavor and crack free. 5 inch and heavy producing.
- STUPICE: Indeterminate- 52 Days. Earliest Tomato we grow. Great taste and up to 80 1 to 2 ounce tomatoes from every plant
- *MANITOBA: Determinate- 58 Days. 6 ounce early variety for small spaces or containers Great for northern climates!
- *NAPA CHARDONNAY BLUSH: Indeterminate- 70 Days. Yellow Blush Cherry tomato that Bill tested in his garden and thinks it will rival the sunsugar in flavor!
- ***SWEET TANGERINE: Determinate- 68 Days. Limited supply of this new trial variety that is good for containers and grows to 6 ounce fruits.
*NEW FOR 2019
CHEF JEFF Line:
Beefmaster, 1444, Black Krim, Beefsteak, Amish, Paste, Black Prince, Better Boy, Arkansas Traveler, Boxcar Willy, Big Beef, Beefy Boy, Brandywine, Big Boy, Bradley Pink, Caspian Pink, Celebrity, Carnival, Cherokee Purple, Champion, Chef’s Choice Orange, Green Zebra, Early Girl, Chello, Jubilee, Golden Boy, Grape Red, Marglobe, Husky Red Cherry, Jolly, Mortgage Lifter, Jet Star, Lemon Boy, Mr. Stripey, Large Cherry, Patio, Old German, Mountain Pride, Rapunzel, Orange Oxheart, Red Cherry, Sugary, Pineapple, Roma Plum, Summer Sun, Rutgers Select, Sugar Rush, San Marzano, Superfantastic, Sungold, Wisconsin 55, Sweet 100, Sweet Cluster, Yellow Pear, Tidy Treats, Corno di Toro, Yellow Plum, Whopper
FYI: Indeterminate means the plant will keep growing, get quite large, and keep setting flowers and fruit until frost.
Staking and caging are strongly recommended!
Determinate varieties are plants that are compact and only grow to a pre-determined size such as Bush Goliath. Fruits generally ripen all together for one large harvest. A stake or a cage should be sufficient, not both. These varieties are great for patios and small yards.
The disease resistance identification codes shown below can found on seed packet listings.
This what heirloom varieties do not have. So when growing heirloom varieties be prepared for some challenges, but most times the flavor of an heirloom makes up for those challenges.
V – Verticillium Wilt
F – Fusarium Wilt (FF – Races 1 & 2; FFF – Races 1, 2, & 3)
N – Nematodes
T – Tobacco Mosaic Virus
A – Alternaria Stem Canker
St – Stemphylium Gray Leaf Spot
TSWV – Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus